Tuesday, April 21, 2009

San Diego with the Sloans..... Trouble.

Wow, I have to tell you how much fun I had with Abbie this last week. We had many adventures and good times. Plus I met some really rad people! We ate out pretty much every meal, which was good, but pricey. One night we went to John's resturaunt and he made us so much incredible food! John is Abbie's husband and he is an amazing chef. Abbie had her birthday one of the days I was there so she picked what we did all day. First we went to an early morning yoga class. It was amazing, and hot. Seriously it was hot yoga, like 100 degrees. I sweat out a few gallons I swear. The class was amazing and now I am addicted. I've done yoga almost everyday since I came back home. It has cured me of my anxiety.

Abbie decided to take me surfing and for some odd reason she thought that I would be good at it. She was wrong. It was actually quite miserable. I've never drank so much salt water in my life. I was able to ride in a few times on my tummy, but I never got up on the board. I looked so lame. But I'm glad that I tried it, and maybe one day I will try again. For now I think I will stick to snow sports. That night we celebrated Abbie's birthday at John's work again. They hooked it up. We had such a good time. Two bottles of wine, and a bottle of Sake later, we were satisfied. We ate some of the best sushi. Later that night we just went home and one of John's friends came over, Todd, he was very nice. We all just chilled, it was fun.

The last night that I was in town Abbie, John, and I decided to cook dinner and stay home. We cooked fish, and made a huge salad. John made a yummy appetizer, and Abbie made an awesome salad. I drank wine and watched. It was fun. We ate dinner and chilled out for a bit, then Abbie and decided we needed to go out and go dancing. So we drove downtown and hit some of the clubs. We went to this one club, it was hilarious, we were the only white people there. Until we saw some hot marines hanging out. It was one of the best last nights I have ever had.

Time to head home. My flight was in the late afternoon. Abbie and I watched Day of Our Life re-runs(we did that a lot actually), it was a vacation and I just wanted to relax. We put a blanket out on the lawn and layed in the sun. Then I had to go home. I didn't want to leave, it was an incredible trip and I can't wait to go back.

Here are some pics of my trip!

















No comments: