Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's that time of year again....

Only three more days of school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not be more excited! As the year starts to wind down I have been reflecting on my students and how this year went. Overall I am happy with my first year in 3rd grade. It was overwhelming at first, but as I get ready to say farewell to my students I am sad. I have really grown attached to the little ones. We have had some good days and some bad days and we have learned a lot.

Things I will miss:

1. Mitchell's Stories, which go on and on and on...
2. Students accidentally calling me Mom instead of Ms. Cain
3. JaLynn's sweet smile
4. Jacob's neat handwriting
5. Brady's innocent look when he is naughty
6. Carter telling me, "thank you for teaching us everyday!"

Things I will NOT miss:

1. Tattle Telling
2. 100 degrees in my classroom
3. Commuting 40 minutes everyday to work
4. Constant talking
5. Damon and Jayden (I love em, but they are tough)
6. Faculty meetings at 7:30
7. Teachers asking me about my love life.
8. Arik farting to get a rise out of the class
9. Messy tote trays
10. Boogers
11. Being evaluated
12. Feeling like I have diarreah, but can't leave my kids alone (not fun)
13. Field trips

Apparently my NOT miss list goes on and on. Hopefully by the end of summer these things will leave my memory and I will be excited to meet my new class! Heres to a good summer! See you next year 3rd graders!

No comments: