I haven't updated my blog in such a long time because I really didn't have anything that cool to report. My life has taken a dramatic turn and it's been hard adjusting. I will try to sum it up in as few words as possible. It is summer time, meaning that I'm not teaching! But I am also not going back next year. I decided to resign from teaching, because it is best for my life right now, with my current situation. Those of you who know me, know what my "situation" is. Basically I am going to try some other things this next year, and with some luck I will go back to teaching next year or the year after.
So having said that, I am currently working for a company called Insurepro. I do appointment setting for them, and some other random things. It is very part time, but it works for right now. I also started apprenticing as a sushi chef at a little joint called, Akasaka. It is not paid, but I am learning a lot and hopefully I can eventually be a sushi chef. I really enjoy doing it, and if I get good at it, maybe I will make some money doing to.
The summer has been pretty uneventful so far. I have decided to read the Book of Morman though, and finish it by the end of August. That gives me a month and a half. I am really going to study it, and try to understand it. I have been going to church for the last few months, and I don't think that is enough. I think that if I am really going to give it a shot then I need to invest some time and energy into it. I also think that if I can keep my mind involved with the scriptures and prayer, then I won't be tempted to stray and do all the things that have ended my life up in the situation that it is in. I really want to do this for me, and see if I can start to be a little more happy!
I've been going to the gym a few times a week with Alan. It has been really good for me, and I get to spend time with him. We have a pretty good friendship at the moment. Who knows if we will get back together, but for now I'm happy with how things are. I've really been trying to concentrate on myself.
I've been hanging out with a few friends that are good influences on me. My friend Taylor has been a lot of fun to hang out with! We went to the Ben Folds concert last night, and it was awesome. We took a cooler with yummy snacks, and Taylor brought his lawn chairs. The concert was up at Deer Valley, and the night was awesome. Ben Folds played with the Utah Symphony. I was so impressed and couldn't believe I was sitting in the same state with Ben, let alone the same arena. I enjoyed myself, and I haven't had a really fun night out in a long time!
Anyhow that is my latest for right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment