Thursday, August 26, 2010

Learning Korean... at least trying!

The owner of the sushi bar I work at is teaching me Korean! He trained people in the MTC to speak Korean, so he is good at teaching it. I can read and write over 25 words, but can't put words together yet. Next week I start reading picture books in Korean.

In exchange I am teaching Ko (the owner) to read and write better in English! I have already assigned him homework and I gave him about 20 picture books to read! He is doing very good. His favorite book so far is Skippy Jon Jones... I read it to him in my best Spanish accent.

This is also my favorite book, my student's loved it! Thanks Rebecca Maxfield for introducing this series to me.

I love the Korean language so far, and I learn more everyday! Here is a sample of my homework...




This is my teacher Ko!

3 comments:

Rebecca Maxfield said...

You're welcome for introducing you to my favorite Skippyjon Jones! We have read 2 of them this week and they already have the clapping down! I <3 my class this year:) We miss you!
Becca

Cicely said...

Sweet! Miles loves Skippy Jon Jones.

Cain said...

Thanks Ladies!