Thursday, July 10, 2008

Treatment

I've decided to check myself into an intensive out-patient program for eight weeks. It was a hard decision because it is summer time for me, and this will take up the rest of it, but I want my life back, and the freedom to be a decent person. The program I'm entering is called Recovery Works, and it is up at the University of Utah Hospital. It is out patient which means I still get to work, and do whatever, but they take blood samples weekly, and you will be kicked out if tested positive. Some of you may think that this is too intense, but I am a funtioning alcoholic, who doesn't know when to say no. I want to stay young and active as long as I can, and I know at the rate I've been acting, it won't be possible. Maybe I drink more than some, maybe less, but I know I've woken up with bloody noses for no reason, or woken up in a weird place, even with good friends, I know this isn't who I am. I live for the outdoors, teaching, reading, loving, caring, and being me. I hope anyone who reads this understands, can relate, or knows how truly sorry I am for any hurt I've caused. This will be a long road, but I know it's the right thing to do.

P.S. If anyone feels the way I do, and needs the number to Recovery Works.... it is 587-3235 Up at the UNI!

No comments: